Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences.
Our technical artist works between the art and software engineering teams to help bring our games to life. The role is challenging and varied, but extremely rewarding. Leveraging technical insight and artistic vision, our Technical Artist is passionate about crisp gameplay and captivating visuals, tackling the technical and creative issues to make both possible. We look to the technical artist to solve hard problems using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist, with deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools. We want an excellent collaborator who can apply their insight to improve both the technology and the people around them.
- Implement visual effects to support both gameplay and storytelling.
- Work closely with engineering teams to implement new effects technology.
- Thorough knowledge of pipelines and processes used in game art development, from the conceptual phase to implementation.
- Deep understanding of runtime performance and how to scale content for different platforms.
- Extensive experience building tools to improve pipelines across all aspects of game art production.
- Relevant programming or scripting experience, architecting and building tools for artists.
- Able to communicate precisely with programmers, designers, producers, and artists alike.
- Self-starter and driver, excellent communicator, and an amazing team-player.
- Professional experience in writing shaders.
- Thorough understanding of how light, shadow, and colour create tone and mood, as well as an understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting principles.
- Creative technically proficient approach to lighting environments based on designs, reference documents and conceptual illustrations.
- Expert level knowledge of all the various tools used to craft lighting in modern game engines.
- An exceptional understanding of color, shape, and surface types.
- Deep understanding of composition, colour theory, values, form, shape language, and silhouette.
- Highly self-motivated, collaborative, and a great team-player attitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, designers, and artists.
- Can take an idea from raw conceptual phases to a finished product.
- Technical creativity and a gameplay-focused mindset.
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines.
- Thorough understanding of technical limitations and performance impacts of various technical and artistic game elements.
- Passion for playing and making games.
- 4+ years of experience as a Technical Artist.
- Modeling or animation skills in 3D content creation software.
- Experience with action-oriented games.
- Experience developing new VFX tools and pipelines.
- Experience with destruction techniques.
- Leadership experience.
- Gameplay scripting experience.
- 2D or 3D animation experience.
- Experience developing for VR.
- Experience developing for mobile.
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams
- We finish at 4:30 every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games
- Work in a dynamic, creative work space located in Singapore's technology and media hub
- Live and work in amazing Singapore! One of the safest, cleanest, greenest, most well connected and multicultural cities in the world!
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- We have close relationships with key customers such as Timezone, and get to spend a lot of time in their centres
If this sounds like you, click the Apply for this Job button below to be directed to our jobs portal where you can upload your resume and portfolio, and share links to your work.