Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences.
Our Game Programmers enjoy all elements of development, leveraging their experience, passion, and alignment with the design team, to drive the production of almost every aspect of our game development, from gameplay logic and physics, to shaders, audio, UI and beyond. One of the most unique and engaging aspects of arcade games is the range of technologies and interface devices used to deliver memorable gameplay experiences. Motivated by the diversity of products, projects and technologies they're exposed to in their role, our Game Programmers thrive in the collaborative environment that drives the integration of these game elements, delivering incredible, physical games and experiences that no PC, console or mobile can replicate at home.
- Design and develop game software with a high standard of code quality, stability, maintainability, readability and performance.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers, artists and designers to build asset pipelines, workflow processes and per-project development tools that are stable, elegant and efficient.
- Collaborate with a team of programmers to advise the best software packages, hardware platforms, game engines and techniques for implementing games, features and tools.
- Advise the development team with the scope and resources required for new product ideas, new game features and improvements to our existing game catalogue.
- Work with electrical engineers to integrate custom hardware interfaces into our games and implement tools for thoroughly testing hardware.
- Diagnose and resolve issues with current and past projects, and test to ensure stability.
- Contribute to the design of new product ideas and features.
- Rapidly prototype and iterate on new game ideas to evaluate their fun, feasibility and market fit.
- Strong experience with C# and Unity3D games targeting PC platforms.
- Strong experience with common gameplay features such as physics, animation, user interfaces, state machines, shaders, networking, etc.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware performance, bench-marking and optimization.
- Experience writing other software such as C++ DLLs, APIs, servers, windows services, console programs, Powershell/batch scripts, or websites.
- Experience working in teams with version control systems such as Git, Mercurial or Perforce.
- Experience with a variety of software development tools and practices such as unit testing, build automation, dependency injection, data-driven development, etc.
- Able to thrive in a diverse, collaborative team working productively and autonomously
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- A passion for games is critical as you'll be collaborating with the games development team and contributing to LAI Games products.
- Tertiary degree or diploma in a programming related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Flexible working hours.
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams.
- We finish at 4:30 every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games.
- Work in a dynamic, creative work space located in Singapore's technology and media hub.
- Live and work in amazing Singapore! One of the safest, cleanest, greenest, most well connected and multicultural cities in the world!
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- We have close relationships with key customers such as Timezone, and get to spend a lot of time in their centres
If this sounds like you, click the Apply for this Job button below to be directed to our jobs portal where you can upload your resume and portfolio, and share links to your work.