Helix Leisure is a leading global supplier to the Out of Home Entertainment industry – locations outside the home people visit for entertainment and recreation. Across our core brands – Embed (revenue management systems, e-commerce), Booking Boss (Tours, Attractions and Activities), LAI Games (arcade games), The Locker Network (operating electronic lockers) and Matahari Leisure (equipment manufacturing) we service over 2,500 locations around the globe. Helix operates full service offices in Singapore, Perth, Sydney, Dallas, Dubai and Jakarta. The group enables our customers to create rich experiences for their visitors and guests through both technology and service.
Helix operates full service offices in Singapore, Perth, Sydney, Dallas, Dubai and Jakarta. The group enables our customers to create rich experiences for their visitors and guests through both technology and service.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and excitable Business Analyst. The right candidate takes an important role in the ideation and marshalling of exciting new features to our solutions in store and online empowering Helix's customers with accessible and rich online technologies. The BA can concisely convey technical requirements and has a strong understanding of the limitations of the media that they are working in; they are capable of owning ambiguity to make decisions to further cement our position as a global leader.
- Lead the discovery and conceptual design work required to clarify business drivers and translate business needs into solutions and features
- Drive alignment across stakeholders including business owners, senior Business sponsors, developers as a leader and vision holder along with the Head of Tech
- Facilitate meetings with business stakeholders
- Direct workflow analysis in support of requirements identification
- Elicit, capture, analyse and document business requirements, epics and user stories
- Provide consultancy and advice on functionality, applicability, and usability of technology solutions to project requirements with the design team
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility, working with team leads defining technical solutions
- Identify project inter-dependencies and overarching strategic synergies between work lines
- Help communicate, prioritize and drive sound business decisions
- Plan and direct the work of staff or vendors to conduct proof of concept efforts
- Effectively deliver consistent presentations to key customers/stakeholders and senior management
- Agile software methodology experience also strongly recommended, and certification in Scrum Product Owner or related training would be a strong advantage
- 5 years of IT experience in a major Enterprise environment, including at least 4 years of Business Analyst or comparable experience, supporting medium to large-size projects
- Explicit business knowledge in software/High tech industry, emerging technologies focusing on cloud products, SaaS platforms, or Enterprise Applications
- Training or certification in Agile methodology, Scrum, Lean, or Kanban a plus. Certified Scrum professionals preferred
- Experience in Big Data, Business Intelligence or Marketing will be a big plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science with Business Management (or related field) or equivalent work experience required. Master's degree preferred
- Salesforce.com, Marketo, Looker, Spark, AWS or Big Data system experience all a plus