Our development team consists of passionate gamers, driven to make the most fun, engaging and rewarding games and experiences for our players. We collaborate, evaluate, and iterate on everything that goes into the game, with a strong focus on “easy to play, hard to master”, and great user experiences.
As our Workshop Technician, you will take charge of our 1,500 sqft workshop, responsible for the fabrication of our game prototypes and mechanisms. You will play an integral role in the development of our products by ensuring our engineering activities are both elegant and robust. This is a hands-on position, and our Workshop Technician will possess sound practical experience in a range of materials and fabrication techniques, engineering, fittings, dimensions, and tolerances.
As an arcade game development team, we often design with our hands, and this role requires a sharp understanding of when to be quick and messy, rapid prototyping ideas for evaluation, as well as when to be measured and precise, ensuring the engineered solution is realised and evaluated as per the design intent.
- Fabricate rough mock-ups and mechanisms from basic descriptions of the requirements and simple sketches.
- Fabricate accurate game cabinets and mechanisms from detailed engineering drawings.
- Provide DFMA feedback to the engineering teams.
- Undertake independently the maintenance and repair of workshop equipment.
- Provide support to our test locations (technical testing).
- Develop and update own skills and knowledge to meet the job requirement through training and self-learning.
- Coordinate and collaborate with outsourcing partners.
- Manage inventory of tools, materials and other consumables.
- Efficiently and effectively plan, organise and prioritise tasks involved in the day to day running of the workshop.
- Preferably with 2-3 years working in a technical field.
- A solid understanding of woodworking, metal work and construction of various and sometimes complex product designs.
- Capable of reading engineering drawings.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a resourceful team player possessing an inquisitive mind, with an ability to solve problems in a practical and efficient manner.
- Highly efficient and have a good rapport with the development teams.
- Well-developed communication skills to enable the identification and understanding of project requirements
- Basic understanding of electronics an advantage.
- Flexible working hours.
- Work in a dynamic and creative work space located at One-North, the heart of Singapore's technology and media innovation hub
- Get into the growing Information & Communication Technology (ICT) industries and Creative industries highly promoted by Economics Development Board of Singapore.
- We like to have frequent team building events and enjoy what our industry has to offer.
- We kept close relationships with key customers such as Timezone, and get to spend a lot of time in their centres
- Be part of the innovative and creative team who is transforming our industries with new technologies and user-experiences in the Out-of-Home Entertainments locations that you cannot get anywhere else. Check out our website to learn more (www.laigames.com)